Thursday 22 August 2013

Rolled Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Hubby and I are off to Paris tomorrow for the weekend, and I can't wait.  So I am whipping up a FAST FRIDAY FABULOUS meal on a Thursday, because tomorrow I will be dining with kings.  Easiest meal for me would be stuffed chicken breasts - using whatever is in the fridge.  You really can use anything.  This is what I am doing:


2 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Cajun pepper to taste
2 tbsp soft goats cheese
4 slices salami
2 tsp tomato pesto
Few fresh basil leave
100 ml cream

Place chicken breasts on some cling film.
Generally season with salt, pepper and Cajun pepper.
Cover with another piece of cling film and hit them with a rolling pin to make them thin.
Add 1 tbsp cheese on each breast and spread evenly.
Add 2 salami pieces on each breast.
Add 1 tsp pesto to each breast and spread over the salami.
Add  some basil leaves on top.
Starting at one end, carefully roll chicken breasts and secure with tooth pics or a skewer.
Don't worry if some of the filling oozes out - this makes a great sauce!
Heat a skillet pan (metal handle) with a little olive oil.
Brown each side of the breasts for 4 min until nice and brown.
Bake at 180'C for 10 min.
Remove from oven, pour cream around the breast, mix to de-glaze pan to make a sauce.
Allow to stand for 5 min and serve.

Yummy!
Time to go and pack ... what should I wear???? 







1 comment:

  1. Do let me know if any of you find this recipes fast, friendly and of course fabulous!

    ReplyDelete