Saturday 17 August 2013

Home-made Lemonade ... with a kick

Stunning Saturday ... I am in my shorts and cozzy (AKA costume to the rest of the world) and playing in the garden.  Okay I believe it now, a lemon tree cannot grow in a pot!  I have been nursing my baby for 4-months now, and I have fruit but it is falling off before maturing.  Yes, I have done the cardinal sin of transplanting my baby in summer and in fruit. Let's hold thumbs she survives the move to the garden.  
Talking lemons .... I thought I would whip up some home-made lemonade ... with a twist/kick of course.  Here we go ... 

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 tots Amaretto liqueur
Handful of fresh mint leaves
Cold water and ice to dilute to taste

Dissolve sugar in water in a small saucepan on a medium heat, stirring all the time.
Add lemon juice and Amaretto and remove from the heat.
Add bruised whole leaves of mint
Before serving add cold water and ice to taste ....

Very refreshing ..... quick awesome actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment